We all know that snapchat app always knew where we were, how do you feel about that? Is that annoying you and you feel like all you want to do is to turn this thing off? You have an ability do that and we will teach you how!
Ghost mode – how to turn off location tracking on Snapchat app?
It is quite easy to turn off location tracking, all you gotta do is to follow those steps:
- Firstly you should select snapchat app on your mobile device and then tap on your profile icon which can be found in the upper left corner.
- Now you have to tap on the settings gear icon which can be found in upper right corner.
- Next you have to scroll down to the “Who Can…” and just click “See My Location”. The default setting is for only your friends to see your location.
- You can change your location settings by options going to “My friends” default to “Only These Friends…” or “My Friends, Except…” when you will choose one from those options you are are now about to select names from your Snapchat contact list and select friends.
- If you want to enable ghost mode which will cause this that nobody will see your location tap the switch which is at the top of the screen. Then you will see a pop-up which will allow you to choose a duration. If you want to turn it off for a longer time you should select option “Until Turned Off”.
- This step is all about to swipe down to the snap map. You will now see your location marked as a blue and white Snapchat ghost if you are being private.
How to remove Snapchat location sharing permission
It is some sort of an alternative method which will stop snapchat tracking your location and noone will be able to see your location. Here is how you can turn off location services:
- open your phone settings menu and then just scroll down to the list of apps which is at the bottom and tap snapchat app icon,
- now change the location setting to never to stop Snap map to know your location data.
Now you successfully turned off your location. Those steps are short and easy and can be done at iPhone and Android device.
How to turn on ghost mode on snap map?
If you don’t want anyone to see your location you can do that. If you are up to this method you should just pinch your camera screen this will give you an access to the snap map (open snap map). Then when you are here already click on cog icon which is in the right top right corner. Hit this and toggle the ghost mode. When you do that non of your friends will have location access and you will be in only me mode and even close friends will not be able to see your location.
- when you are going to turn off location in your snap map you will not be able to get to the more relevant search results or use Geofilters,
- if you are an iPhone owner or an Android owner you should know that iPhone step is the same as an Android ones when it comes to hiding user’s location from others,
- it is impossible to share your location with people who aren’ton your friends list,
- you can decide who can be tracking you on your snapchat map,
It is obvious that there is sometimes a time when we all need more privacy and when it comes to snapchat you can simply turn off location and stop sharing your location on your snap maps. Now thanks to the instructions we gave you, you know how to disable snap map.
One Reply to “Snapchat – how to turn off location on snapchat?”
You guy’s made me know how to remove Snapchat location! I was looking everywhere for those instructions. Thanks for such great job!